So...my girl Tyra of Street Therapy invited me to a private screening of Django Unchained. I really wanted to see this movie, so when she asked me to join her I accepted with no hesitation lol. The movie hit theatres on Christmas day and stars Jamie Fox who plays Django, a slave turned bounty hunter who is on a quest to find his wife who he was separated from by force. There has been a lot of hype about this movie…but I must say the hype is deserved. I loved every second! I ended up wearing a sheer long sleeved orange top purchased from Rainbow, black skinny jeans, tan heels and my favorite animal print scarf to tie the look together. I wanted to be comfortable but still look put together at the same time and I think it worked out :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the new year. I know I am!
Posted by Tiffany Crawford at 11:42 AM
Hey ladies! Hope you are all doing well and in the holiday spirit! You know, typically, as we get older the less and less Christmas gifts we get. It becomes less about us and more about the kiddies and making it enjoyable for them. So…for the past couple of years me and a few of my girlfriends decided we should meet up and have a little food, a couple of drinks and do a gift exchange for the holidays. This year we met up at the BonaVista Revolving Cocktail Lounge (yes the lounge actually spins, but slowly of course lol). With the backdrop of LA high-rises and the city lights…the ambiance couldn’t have been better. For our little holiday fun, I decided to wear a knee length black and white striped bodycon skirt with a black cami. I brightened up the outfit with a fuchsia cropped blazer and finished the look off with nude pumps, a simple gold necklace and black clutch. I also changed my hair. I switched up the black tresses for an angled bob with honey brown highlights... that ended up being a hit! Not only did we share gifts but we shared laughs, love and memories…
I had this black jumper for a couple years now and was trying to figure out a different way to wear it. So I decided to put on one of my favorite scraves right now and put in it place with a skinny belt. I never did this before..and loved how it hid my tummy and gave an old piece a fresh new twist. I tied the rest of the look together with simple black pumps (I got for $5 :)), a gold watch and hoops, red lips and red nails. I will definitely try this again with different scarves and belts. Stay tuned :)
Just wanted to share with yall my excitement! So…I have been debating for some time if I should get acrylic nails. I used to wear them ALL the time...but one day I took my nails off to get a new set and never got nails again or had the desire to. Until….stiletto nails came about lol. At first I was a little skeptical of the new trend but I still wanted to try them out SO bad. So this weekend I copped a new set and got a design inspired by Emily B of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta and Chrissy & Mr. jones. I follow Emily on Instagram (which I love) and saw this design she posted and HAD to do something like it! My nail lady hooked it up and I posted a picture on my Instagram and Twitter and tagged Emily in it. So we all know that celebrities rarely respond to fans…so when she responded to my picture I couldn’t believe it! So yes that’s my excitement… little stamp of approval with a smiley face from Emily B! Totally made my day :) How do you wear your nails? Natural or Acrylic?
Posted by Tiffany Crawford at 10:55 AM
Hey ladies! Back with a new OOTD. I wore this outfit out for a little Asian cuisine with one of my friends. Dinner was ah-mazing! I was sleeping on those garlic noodles and prawns tho….the truth! Lol But…yeah, I wanted to keep things really simple but cute. So, I opted for a sheer long-sleeve leopard top, black skinnies and a pop of color with a red faux snakeskin clutch. I swear these black skinnies have to be my fave of all time! They are definitely repeat offenders...lol, welp. Do you have anything in your closet you can’t retire? lol
Hey Ladies! I’m back with another Whole Fit From The Thrift! Ok, so…anyone who thrifts knows that it can be tiring and takes a LOT of patience. But if you love it as much as I do, in the end, it’s all worth it. A few weeks ago...I went thrifting at my favorite store, but after hitting a few aisles I was already tired and just wasn’t feeling it. It was a Saturday and all I wanted to do was go home, get in bed and watch Netflix. I decided to hit one more aisle before leaving out, and ended up finding this long sleeve fuchsia dress with cute pleats, a cinched in waist AND in my size! Best of all it was on sale for $2.47!!! I ended up wearing it to church to get my praise and worship on :) I kept it simple and paired it with some nude heels, a gold watch and thin hoop earrings. I LOVE when I find deals like this and encourage you all to try thrifting out if you haven’t already. Here are my top 10 thrifting tips. Please feel free to add to the list, I’ll take all the tips I could get :)
1. When you find a thrift store, ask if they have sales. – a lot of thrift stores have weekly, bi-weekly or monthly sales that could save you even more.
2. Be patient – A lot of people don’t like to thrift because they go in and the first couple things they see they don’t like and they give up. Keep digging…keep looking and you’ll find gold.
3. Wear comfortable shoes – Nothing will make you leave a store faster, than your feet hurting.
4. Clothing – wear clothing that makes it easy for you to try clothes on, on top of. A lot of thrift stores don’t have dressing rooms so I wear thin camisole’s, tights, etc. To make it easy to slide clothes on top of.
5. Check – Always check for stains, holes, broken zippers, etc. You don’t want to get home and find out that your favorite find is damaged.
6. Cash money – Don’t forget to bring the cash. Some thrift stores allow you to use debit and credit but a lot of stores only accept cash. So bring some green just in case.
7. Visit – visit different thrift stores in different areas of town. I need to use this tip myself…I get so used to going to the same store…but don’t limit yourself. Search for new ones. So many places have great pieces.
8. Limit – Try a thrifting limit. I usually take $20-25 with me. It is easy to go overboard in the thrift store…I have left with BAGS and BAGS of stuff that I didn’t need and didn’t have room for. So find your limit and stick with it.
9. Take a friend – taking a friend with you could make your experience much more fun and make the searching period more bearable…lol.
10. Imagine – While picking pieces, imagine your closet at home and how you style what you already have with your newly thrifted threads.
And that’s it! Hope this helps ladies! Happy thrifting and much love…
Hey Ladies! So…I wore this outfit the other weekend to “A Taste of Soul”, an event held annually in LA where different vendors come out to sell food, fashions, promote health, talk politics and much more. When I say Crenshaw was FULLY packed…please believe me! I decided to keep it simple and wear a loose fitting dark blue top, blue skinnies (just can’t retire these lol), a little touch of leopard and simple gold accessories. When my friend saw me she said “oh so you decided to go monochromatic?” I was like “huh?” Shame on me…I need to study my fashion more! Of course I heard of monochromatic recently, especially concerning ‘Kimye’…but for some reason I thought that just meant wearing black? Lol. Welp...we learn something new every day :) Overall, I liked how everything came together and now I’m excited to try more “mono” looks! What about yall? Have you tried the monochromatic trend yet?